Saturday, May 30, 2009

First week of summer

The girls have been out of school for a week now. Arizona has been its usual oven so they have been indoors A LOT ! I have been trying my best to seep them busy. Painting has proved to be a favorite activity. They kind of helped me paint this wall of the playroom.

This is our playroom ! I LOVE IT ! See that bookshelf. I was riving by the dumpster at our old apt and I noticed a decent bookshelf sitting beside it. Now I am normally not a dumpster diver but it was too good of a bookshelf to pass up. I loaded it in the van . And hauled it away. I also spray painted it the funky green color.

ok , I know its sideways but you get the picture.

I knew i wanted it in the playroom, and I picked the yellow based on that. The couch is a hand me down from my mom. Not the color I would pick , but hey it was free and it is little so the kids like it. And we have a " Grown ups only " front room that we have our semi nice stuff in.

Water play has been another favorite past time. Two days ago we went to a splash park in Tempe . It was so much fun. Myka thought crawling around in the water was the best thing ever!


And today we played in the hose.

That sums up our first week of summer here at the Mitchells.


How is your summer going ?
You wrote this post on May. 30, 2009 at 1:29 PM Edit Post Delete Post & Replies

No comments: