Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Rainbow connection.


Lexi had her spring musical at school last week . It was call The Rainbow connection , and what can I say . I laughed , I cried , It was better then RENT . My little girl of course was the star of the show. ok ,in my eyes at least . She had a duet and was sooo stinkin cute on stage.
I am so proud of my little girl .

I remember when she was younger her preschool had a Christmas sing. I was so excited . She was four and it was the first time she had ever been on stage for anything. I bought her a beautiful new dress , curled her hair , and even let her wear a little lipstick . We invited family members and had our cameras charged and ready to go.
Imagine my disappointment when she spent the entire performance sitting at my feet crying because her stage fright was so bad.

I was so upset.

I have always had a love for the stage. I just assumed that my daughter would have the same love for acting. I remember sitting there that night mentally flushing all my hopes and dreams of her being a Broadway star down the toilet .

fast forward to second grade.

She was awesome on stage. She smiled , sang on key , and didn't once try to run off stage to cry at my feet .

Broadway star or not. She id MY star !!

No comments: